Saturday, September 25, 2010

Just Another Reminder of Change

My weekend with my two oldest granddaughters continues today, and so does the fun :-).  This afternoon we're going to an American Girl tea party that is being held at a local church.  My granddaughters were excited to pick out the dresses they wanted to wear to the tea party, and of course they also had to pack just the right things for their American Girl doll to wear to the party, too.

Part of the fun will be taking pictures of our time there.  Prior to losing 126 pounds, I was far more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it.  Sadly, I realized after the fact that there isn't a single picture of me at one of my granddaughter's first birthday party.  This granddaughter will be at this afternoon's tea party and I can promise you that there will be at least one photo of me there with the girls.

Obesity robbed me of so many things over the years, including being comfortable enough about myself to make sure I was included in family photos.  Getting to a healthy weight has changed my life, and today's photo op at the tea party is just another reminder of that change.

Those changes and all of the wonderful things that follow begin with the choices we make today, so choose wisely :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment