Friday, February 4, 2011

Being Successful

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm going to make the assumption that everybody - without exception - is hoping to be successful on this program.  You may not believe at this point that you'll be successful, and you may have started, as I did, with more than a little apprehension and skepticism.  Nevertheless, deep down, you really hope that this time will be "it" for you and that you will successfully reach your goal. 

I have good news for you!  You CAN be successful, and you WILL be successful, just by taking small steps each day.  I read a quote yesterday that I really like:  "Success is the sum of small efforts - repeated day in and day out."  ~ Robert Collier

Sometimes this journey can feel a bit overwhelming, especially if you have a lot of weight to lose.  I remember my first day on plan, weighing 260 pounds, and feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of needing to lose 120 pounds.  It didn't happen in a day or a month, but day by day, one step at a time, I kept moving forward and each step brought me closer to my goal.

The steps we take to reach our goal are really simple, small steps.  It's one meal at a time, one day at a time.  There were many times when I didn't think I COULD reach my goal, and there were times I doubted by ability to stay on plan for an entire day.  But I knew that I could choose to make my next meal a Medifast meal.  It was really that simple.

Choosing to stay on plan is the simplest thing in the world because all of the figuring is done for us.  We don't have to worry about how many calories we're taking in, we don't have to count carbs or points or calculate whether or not we're getting good nutrition.  If we choose one of the "grab and go" meal options like a Ready to Drink shake, crunch bar, pretzels or cheese puffs, we don't even need to have a blender or a microwave - it doesn't get any more simple than that.  Choosing to stay on plan also means that we don't have to waste time or energy trying to decide if we're going to eat something that's not on the program.  Simple!

Please note that I said "simple" - I didn't say "easy." It's not always easy to take these simple steps!  What I can promise you is that if you make the decision to get to a healthy weight and choose to take one small step at a time, a few weeks or a few months from now you WILL be at your goal.  I can also promise you that once you're at your goal, you will never regret the choices you made to get there.  Choose wisely :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment