Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Too Busy to NOT Eat Healthy!

Happy Wednesday everyone!  I have a jam-packed schedule today - it's all good, but it will be a very busy day!  I've planned out my meals for the day, however, so the busy schedule won't result in sludge eating :-).

It can be hard to stay focused and stay on plan when things are busy, and if we don't plan accordingly, busy days, accompanied by their own level of stress, make us incredibly vulnerable to off-plan eating.  I'm not sure why it is, but put me into a hectic, stressful day and I can almost guarantee that there will be the wrong kind of food lurking around every corner.  I don't kid myself, either.  If I haven't planned, if I don't have everything I need with me, it's very easy to rationalize and grab the nearest food - and the nearest food-of-choice will be something loaded with white flour, white sugar and fat.

But eating those things won't keep me moving in the direction I want to go, and I'm in pursuit of optimal health.  Even though they taste good for a nano-second, I know that those several hundred calories beckoning me won't provide any nutrition and that an hour or so after eating it I'll get a very predictable blood sugar drop.  And not feeling my best won't help me get through this busy day!

So I've planned for today because I'm choosing health.  I have the food ready that I'll need because I am also choosing convenience.

Those are my choices today - what are your choices?  Is this a busy day for you?  Are you ready for it?  Is this a day with a lot of free time?  Are you ready for that?  Regardless of what's on your calendar for today, it's a good day to move forward, and you'll do that one choice at a time.  Choose wisely :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment