Friday, August 28, 2009

Chasing Those Doubts Away

Happy Friday! I hope you've had a great, on-plan week and are gearing up for a wonderful (and on-plan!) weekend :-).

I participated in an webinar last night and heard something by one of the speakers that really challenged me, so I thought I'd share it with you. The speaker urged all of the listeners to "consciously chase away the doubts - they only bog you down."

I don't know about you, but I started the Take Shape for Life/Medifast 5&1 program with an awful lot of doubts. I had failed so many times that I honestly doubted that the program would work. I doubted the program and I certainly doubted my ability to be successful on it. It was only as I began to see signs of success that the doubt began to recede, and it was replaced by hope, and then by the calm assurance that I WOULD reach my goal.

Doubts can suck a lot of emotional energy from us, and if we dwell on them, the negativity they breed can really drag us down. When it comes to pursuing optimal health in our lives, we don't have room for negativity. We can't control when doubts pop up, but we can choose to chase them away!

The good news is that this program works whether we believe it will or not, as long as we're following the program, the weight comes off - one on-plan day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment