Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  I'm expecting a houseful this afternoon, with four generations seated around my table.  We're also going to celebrate my twin grandchildren's third birthdays today (they turn three tomorrow), so it will be a busy and fun day.  This year has held a lot of challenges for many of us, myself included, but today is a day for counting our blessings and giving thanks, and that is certainly what I'm going to do.   Like the Pilgrims of so long ago, I thank God for His mercy, grace and blessings!

With lots to do before the family comes, I just want to wish you a very blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving.  If you've chosen to stay on plan today, good for you!  You won't regret it, I promise you.  If you focus on the people across the table from you instead of what's on your plate, you'll do just fine.  Thanksgiving is more than just the food anyway :-).   If you've chosen to go off plan today, I hope you'll plan your day carefully, pay attention to portions and then commit to going right back on plan on Friday.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment