Wednesday, November 18, 2009

On the Road Again :-)

Happy Wednesday!  I hope your week is going well - it's hump day :-)

My husband and I are leaving this morning and getting away for a couple of days to a bed and breakfast a couple of hours north of where we live.  We were given a gift certificate and decided to enjoy some time away before the busyness of the holidays hits.  My husband retired last January after 38 years as a retail jewelry store manager, but he's still working part-time in retail jewelry and will work full-time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Most of our traveling over the past few months has been on business, so we're going to enjoy a couple of days to just relax and do a bit of Christmas shopping.

We've packed several Medifast meals and, other than some select meals at local restaurants (and breakfast at the B&B), we'll stick with our MF food.  We'll save a lot of money and time, and we'll save our calories and carbs for some of those restaurant meals :-).  This has become our traveling strategy and we've been able to maintain our weight loss despite a busy traveling schedule.

For us, it's become all about maintaining balance.  We enjoy food but no longer view vacations, travel, and even holidays as a food free-for-all.  Neither one of us enjoys that over-stuffed feeling anymore and neither one of us wants to return to our former obese selves.  We are focused on staying healthy, and I'm thankful that we are able to support each other.

Maintaining balance is a choice that we have to make every day, and sometimes I would frankly like to throw caution to the wind.  Every time I'm tempted to do that, I remind myself that I haven't grown tired of being at a healthy weight and being in a small size.  I don't always feel like making healthy choices, but 98% of the tine I do it anyway because I love the results.  All of those individual small choices work together to keep me moving in the direction I want to go.

Today is another day filled with choices that will either move us closer to our goal or begin to move us farther away.  One small choice might be inconsequential  in and of itself, but those small choices weave together to form habits.  So, choose wisely :-).

P.S.  Since I'm going to be gone for a couple of days, I won't post another blog until this weekend.  Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment