Saturday, November 28, 2009

Time Flies

Good morning, everyone!  I woke up to blue skies and sunshine this morning, a real treat in West Michigan this time of year.  Today I'm focused on getting out all of our Christmas decorations and putting my house into the holiday spirit.  Right now I have Christmas lights on the house and pumpkins and scarecrows on my porch - a real mix of seasons!  I put all of my Christmas music on my iPod yesterday and listened to that while I put away things from our Thanksgiving dinner.  As much as I would like to bask in the glow of Thanksgiving, Christmas is coming and I have to shift gears in a hurry.

As I was listening to my Christmas music yesterday, it was hard to believe that it's been almost a year since I heard those songs.  I pulled out a few Christmas things this morning and it seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was putting them all away. 

The reality is that time really does go fast.  Days morph into weeks, and weeks into months almost faster than we can imagine.  For everyone on Take Shape for Life/Medifast 5&1 right now, this is really, REALLY good news :-).  I know there are some really long days on plan (at least I sure had a few!), but in retrospective, the days, weeks and months go by in a flash.  By staying on plan now, even on those really, really long and difficult days, you will be at your goal before you know it.  That's true whether you have 10 pounds to lose or 100.  The days will pass regardless, and they will pass quickly.  If you choose to stay on plan now, everyone one of you will be getting ready for Christmas next year at your goal weight.  Many of you will be buying your spring and summer wardrobe in your goal size, too, if you choose to stay on plan now.

It's so easy to get caught up in the here and now and go straight for the immediate gratification (my hand is raised as I write this . . . ), but the here and now is gone in a breath and tomorrow is just a moment away.  Staying on plan today means that you are choosing to temporarily give up something you enjoy eating to reach something you really want - a healthy weight and a great goal size.  The decision to make wise choices isn't always easy, but there are never any regrets for doing so. 

The choice is yours, so choose wisely :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment