Saturday, August 28, 2010

Picky Eating

It's a gorgeous Saturday morning in Michigan (I can't believe it's the last weekend in August!).  I'm heading to our farmer's market shortly - one of my favorite things to do on a summer Saturday morning. 

Since losing 126 pounds on this program, I've become a very picky eater.  I used to eat pretty indiscriminately - with few exceptions, if it was food, I'd eat it.  All that has changed and I'm now incredibly selective about what I eat, and so is my husband (he lost 50 pounds).  I simply won't waste calories on food that isn't wonderful, and I also won't waste calories on food that's devoid of nutrition.  Fresh is definitely my preference and I love to buy locally-grown products because I'm supporting the local economy and also getting food that is fresh from being harvested. 

So I'm off to find the freshest, ripest fruits and veggies available.  Tonight's dinner will be lean protein (not sure if it will be grilled chicken or salmon) and fresh-from-the-market veggies. 

Eating simply, eating healthy, eating fresh - that's my choice today.  What about you?  You have choices to make as well . . . choose wisely :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment