Saturday, March 12, 2011

3-G Program

I am an admitted techno-geek and love technology.  I am old enough to remember typing on an IBM Selectric typewriter and using a mimeograph and stencils (I realize that many of you have NO idea what I'm even talking about!) and have embraced each advancement in technology over the past 30+ years.  My husband shares my love of technology (which is not necessarily a good thing!) so we have a pretty good collection of gadgets.  In addition to enjoying each new generation of technology, we also like our gadgets to be FAST.  As internet connections continue to get better, we find our patience rather limited for slow loading or downloading of data.  When our internet provider advertises an upgrade to 3-G or 4-G, we're there.

Because I love the science behind things and because I want fast results, Take Shape for Life/Medifast was a perfect fit for me.  The science behind this program is stellar - over 30 years in business, has been utilized at Johns Hopkins for their own weight loss program, a prestigious list of credentialed individuals sit on the board of directors providing oversight of this program, and both Johns Hopkins and the National Institute of Health have published clinical studies that prove the safety and efficiacy of this program.  When I started on Take Shape for Life/Medifast, I knew the science behind it was solid so I made the decision to not try and outsmart the program. Following it as designed worked, and it worked fast!  

This program is designed to help us quickly GET to our GOAL and then GET ON with the rest of our lives.  Whether you enjoy technology or not, those are 3-G's I'm guessing we all want.  The 5&1 phase of this program is designed to be short - just long enough to get us to goal - followed by the rest of our thin, healthy lives.  I am always saddened when I see people who drag the 5&1 phase out far beyond what it should be due to not staying on plan.  I've seen far too many people who spend a year or more working to lose 30 or 40 pounds, something that should take just a few short months.  I certainly understand the struggle, but I so want to encourage them to focus on what they want and just get there so they can get on with the rest of their lives.

GET to GOAL . . . GET ON with the rest of your life.  Are those 3-G's something you want?  They are yours for the taking, one day and one choice at a time.  Choose wisely :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment