Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy Saturday!

Happy Saturday morning! I'm going to our local farmer's market with a friend this morning and then heading over to a new local restaurant for brunch. Since memories of last winter's brutal weather are still fresh in my mind, I am making a point of getting out there and enjoying as much of summer activities as I can, and almost nothing says "summer" more than strolling through a farmer's market!

Yesterday was a wonderful reminder to me of how different my life is now because of Take Shape for Life/Medifast. My husband and I spent the morning at a great indoor children's pool/mini-water park with our oldest daughter and our two-year old twin grandchildren. Yes, I was actually in public in a swimsuit, and I had a great time! What's even more amazing to me was that I was wearing a swimsuit in public and I was completely comfortable - not at all self-conscious. Not being self-conscious meant I could just focus on having fun with the twins.

Since it's been over a year since I reached my goal, I've pretty much stopped looking for NSV's, so yesterday's was an unexpected treat! It's fun to realize that I am still finding new reasons to celebrate and appreciate being at a healthy weight.

Last night my husband and I went out for dinner, and as is now our custom, we focused on the healthier options for our meal (he had a grilled shrimp and grilled veggies on skewers, plus a salad and I had grilled salmon and grilled veggie skewers). I saw one waitress carrying a huge platter of nachos to another table and had to admit that they looked pretty good :-). At this point in my life, I could order and eat that if I wanted to, but I'm really picky about what I'm willing to spend my calories, carbs and fat grams on. Remembering how great I felt wearing my swimsuit reinforced my decision to order a healthy (and delicious!) meal, because I never want to go back to where I was. When we got home from dinner, we put on our tennis shoes and went for a long walk. It was great to leave the restaurant feeling satisfied, not stuffed, with enough energy to hit the pavement when we got home- a great way to end a good day!

When I think back to my life two years ago, before starting on Take Shape for Life/Medifast, it continues to amaze me to realize how much has changed - and the change is ALL for the better! There has not been a single negative repercussion to me losing weight - not one!

I write a morning commitment blog every day because I really, REALLY want each of you to reach your goal and enjoy all of the rich rewards that are waiting for you at the other side of goal. This morning's blog doesn't have anything particularly insightful, but I hope it encourages you to stay on plan and to keep moving towards your goal. It's not always easy, especially on weekends, but making the choice to do that today will make such a difference in your life a few months from now. Go for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment