Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's Worth It!

Good morning, everyone! I hope your day is off to a great start! This is Day 2 of 5&1 for me and I saw a nice drop on the scale this morning - so long water weight! If my normal pattern holds true, tomorrow will probably find me with a headache for much of the day, my body's signal that I'm entering the fat-burning state - woo hoo!

Some of you may wonder if this journey is really worth it in the end, especially since parts of it can be really challenging. You don't know what goal will look like and it can be tempting to think that all of the sacrifice now won't really be worth it in the end.

I read a story recently about a family who was vacationing in the Canadian Rockies on a very blustery day in June. They went to a tourist site that was billed as a "must see", but the cold wind made them reluctant to go on until they saw a group of people returning from the scenic spot. The family asked the tourists if the view was worth it. The tourists' enthusiastic "definitely!" gave the family the incentive they needed to go on. When they finally reached the spot, they wrote that its beauty rendered them virtually speechless, and they agreed it was well worth the effort to get there.

I've reached my goal and I have one simple message for everyone who's wondering if it's really worth it: it's worth it!!

Because it's worth it, I'm back on 5&1 for a couple of weeks, knowing full well that I'll feel a bit hungry today and tomorrow, knowing that I'll most likely have a lousy headache all day tomorrow. Those are small sacrifices to pay to get back to where I want to be, and having been there (and I'm not that far away even now), it's absolutely, positively worth it!

Who's committed to an on-plan day today?

No comments:

Post a Comment