Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday! We've almost made it through another work week! Since I'm now self-employed and mostly work out of my home, Fridays are a lot different than they used to be, but I still remember my relief most weeks when I was working and Friday finally arrived :-).

I'm meeting a long-time friend for breakfast this morning. I'd refer to her as an "old friend," but since I'm two weeks older than she is, I will refrain from EVER referring to her as old! We're getting together to celebrate our birthdays (mine was last week and her's is next week), a tradition we've had for over 25 years. What will be really fun tomorrow is that this will be the first time we have ever both been at a healthy weight at the same time! She struggled with her weight for all of her adult life, and my struggle stretched over two decades, so most of the time we've met over the years we've talked extensively about our weight. There was a lot of sharing and commiserating that went on, often while we munched on some of the very food that got us into trouble in the first place :-). For most of the years we met together, I think we both despaired of ever getting to a healthy weight - it just seemed too elusive a dream to ever be realized.

Shortly after I reached my goal in May of 2008, she and I got together for coffee after not seeing each other for several months. She was ready to start her umpteenth go-around on a weight loss plan that required counting points, but when she saw me she decided to give Take Shape for Life/Medifast a try. She reached her weight loss goal this past January, losing 70 pounds and ending up in a size 8. When we get together now, we can hardly believe that we're both at our goal weight and in our goal size - it's so much fun! This will really be a special birthday celebration for us!

Once again, I am so thankful for this wonderful program. It has not only changed my entire life, but it's also made a wonderful difference in the life of my dear and life-long friend. Thanks to this program, I am hoping that we will be celebrating our birthdays together for many years to come.

Tonight our two oldest granddaughters (6 and 4-1/2) are coming to spend the weekend, so it's going to be a lot of fun and VERY busy time with the girls. We're going swimming and will definitely have a tea party, and I'm guessing that some book reading, puzzles, and Disney movies will also be on the agenda :-).

Thanks to losing weight and getting healthy, I am not only able to share a birthday breakfast with a friend who's also gotten healthy, but I stand a pretty good chance of keeping up with my two little granddaughters!

Have a great, on-plan day!

No comments:

Post a Comment