Sunday, July 5, 2009

Still Celebrating

I hope you had a wonderful Independence Day celebration and that your Sunday is off to a great start! We had a cookout at our younger daughter's house, took a walk with her family (our granddaughters rode their bikes while we walked), then we all headed to Lake Michigan to walk the pier at the state park and watch the sun set over the lake. After that we watched fireworks - a terrific way to end a great day!

Today we're heading up to our church camp (about 1-1/2 hrs. away) to attend the morning chapel service, then will spend some time hiking on the dunes along Lake Michigan. Our younger daughter, son-in-law and two oldest granddaughters will be with us all day, so it will be another busy but fun day!

Two years ago I couldn't have hiked on the dunes because I was WAY too out of shape. In fact, doing almost anything physical was difficult at best, and often was impossible. Two years ago I was just two weeks into my Take Shape for Life/Medifast weight loss journey and a spark of hope was slowly being fanned into the flame that would burn hot and bright all the way to goal, and beyond!

I love fireworks, and as I watched the fireworks last night, I felt like they were a perfect representation of how I feel about my life right now - joyous, bright, and each new burst exciting all over again. I'll be 57 in ten days and I am filled with excitement and anticipation about each new day. Before starting on Take Shape for Life/Medifast, I felt old and not too hopeful about the future, but getting my health and my life back has made all the difference, and I'm SO thankful to God for helping me each step of the way.

I don't know where each of you are on your own journey, but I know that there is much joy in store for you as you continue to and reach your goal. Go for it! Whatever sacrifices that are required to get you from where you are to where you want to be are SO worth it - don't settle for anything less than what you REALLY want!

No comments:

Post a Comment