Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Lovely Balance

Happy Saturday, and Happy Labor Day weekend! I hope you're planning on a great (and on-plan) weekend!

Last night and today are great examples of the kind of balance I've found in maintenance. Most of the time, our dinners are simple lean & green meals - meat and a veggie or salad. I like the fact that it's simple to cook, simple to clean up, and 100% healthy. Last night we got adventurous with our veggies and roasted kohlrabi with a toss of olive oil and fresh garlic, then pan "fried" sliced radishes with a tablespoon of chopped onion and seasoning (we sprayed the non-stick skillet with butter-flavored spray). The radishes lose their hot edge when cooked and tasted a lot like fried potatoes :-).

On Thursday I saw the movie "Julie & Julia" and got inspired to try one of Julia Child's recipes, which is what I'm making for dinner tonight. It's a pretty healthy recipe, but not "lean & green." It's a fairly involved recipe, so it will take up a fair portion of my day, but since I love to cook, it will be fun!

I am sharing this today to just encourage you that there IS life - and food - after you reach goal :-). Eating healthy is a way of life for me, and there is nothing I could eat that would be worth regaining the weight. However, in maintenance it's fun to be able to splurge every now and then and cook (and/or eat) something that's outside of a Take Shape for Life/Medifast lean & green and know that it's OK to do that - more than OK!

Staying on plan now means you'll get to your goal as quickly as possible, and then you can move forward with the rest of your healthy, thin life - and life IS good this side of goal :-).

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment